Farrah: Fananat al Raks al Masri is an association incorporated through the NSW Department of Fair Trading.
Farrah is a non-profit organisation with the purpose of:
- Promoting Middle Eastern and specifically Egyptian dance and culture.
- Raising the public awareness, knowledge and status of Middle Eastern Dance and its role within the culture and community.
- Promoting multiculturalism, co-operation and understanding between different social and cultural groups in the community.
- Raising public awareness and knowledge of the health benefits of Middle Eastern Dance.
- Increasing positive energy, positive thinking and joy in the community.
To achieve our purpose, our objects are:
- To operate a dance troupe concentrating on Middle Eastern and mainly Egyptian Dance and Folklore.
- To run rehearsals for members.
- To perform for free or for a small fee at community events including fundraisers, festivals, concerts, parties and family occasions.
- To organise dance concerts.
- To run demonstration classes for community groups.
Funds received from any source are to be:
- Directed back into running the association and to help with its objects.
- Given to charities chosen by the Committee.